January 16, 2018 In Uncategorized
1.16.18: Listen to Your Body to Stay Healthy at Work This Year
The actions of our everyday work are not aligned with our natural movements. With time and inattention, our bodies can feel tired, stressed and just plain out of whack. Take the time in 2018 to take breaks throughout your day to move and focus on the signals your body is putting out.
Check in with your body:
- Move every 30 minutes by standing, stretching, taking a short walk, or using the Flashfit app
- Take the stairs, take the bus, take walking meetings
- Practice breath exercises (like alternate nostril breathing) every hour, or just stop and take 5 deep breaths in and out
- Rest your eyes – close them periodically to keep them moist, and look into the horizon
- Adjust your lighting to reduce glare on the screen
- Wear the right glasses
- Use a sit-stand desk
- Set your computer or smartphone to prompt you to take these body scans throughout each and every workday
The Flashfit app can help you get and stay healthy. With hundreds of fast and fun one-minute exercises that don’t require any special equipment, you can get moving right in your office. And Flashfit will track your activity, so you can reach your movement goals and get healthy. https://www.flash.fit
Sources: Visual Ergonomics, VICE News
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.