1.18.18: Working Fitness Into Your Busy Day
Technology can help you easily integrate fitness into your hectic lifestyle. But to really make a change and move toward holistic wellness, consider a two-fold approach: movement and meals.
This year, over 76% of Americans are interested in increasing their fitness through moving more. This doesn’t have to be a massive commitment involving gym fees and special equipment. There are simple ways to make positive changes without cost or hassle.
- Walk 30 minutes a day (15 minutes: mornings and evenings – Fido will approve)
- Take stretch and exercise breaks at work (with the Flashfit app)
- Hit the stairs and not the elevator
- Hop on public transportation 1-2 days a week
- Join a fun amateur sports league (kickball, anyone?)
In 2018, 43% of Americans are looking be healthier by making better food choices. We’re not talking a diet program, necessarily, but a shift in lifestyle that might be easier to maintain in the long term. Snacks are a big way to make a change to healthier ingredients. Look to replace your 2pm candy bar with:
- Fresh fruit
- Raw vegetables
- Popcorn, nuts, nut spreads
- Protein bars + shakes in a pinch
Apps like Flashfit can help you effortlessly integrate activity into your hectic day. This fun-to-use app provides aerobic and strength-building exercises in one-minute bursts that you can do anywhere. No special equipment needed – just your phone and positive vibes.
Sources: Nielsen, NY Times
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.