2.26.18 Flashfit for Schools: Grant Update
Over 100 schools and districts – consisting of over 120,000 students – have already applied to participate in the Flashfit grant program. Don’t be left out! The deadline to submit your school’s application is this Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Flashfit is awarding $100 grants and special support to schools deploying the program.
- We will set up your school’s community and work with the teacher you assign as the administrator to deploy the program
- You will receive monthly reporting on activity by classroom and user, providing total minute of activity performed and number of students participating
- At the end of the year the classroom with the highest number of Fitset exercises completed at each school receives an award from Flashfit; a trophy for the classroom and a small individual gift for each student in the classroom.
- We ask that you let parents and students know that Flashfit is coming to their school. We provide information to share and $100 to you directly at launch to help support any costs associated with the communication
- You will receive Flashfit, the community, the reporting, and the classroom award for the 2018-2019 school year at no cost. Deployment can start as early as Spring 2018.
- The free services and $100 for communication support are worth more than $700 annually to the school.
- Software is provided via a web application, iOS or Android device to the classroom so teachers and or students must be able to use a compatible device in the classroom (a teacher’s smartphone or desktop is sufficient)
- Children must be between school years PK-12, any educational or care environment is appropriate, public and private schools, daycare, after school programs, school age organizations
- The application requires WiFi streaming which is often managed by the district IT Office. There is virtually no direct IT support required other than ensuring the WiFi security allows the application to be used at the school.
- Flashfit believes an active childhood is important inside and outside the school. We ask that you communicate the Flashfit program with the parents, allowing them to be involved in their child’s physical health if they so choose.
- Selected schools will be eligible for software deployment beginning in the spring 2018 and service provided through the end of the 2019 school year at no cost to the organization. At the time of software deployment the organization will receive $100 to support the cost of communication to the students and families in order to increase their involvement in their students’ fitness activities.
Flashfit is an easy, fun-to-use app providing aerobic and strength-building exercises in one-minute bursts. Your school can build teams and groups, compete and gamify to increase student engagement and reward participation. No special equipment needed – kids can move their bodies anywhere. #jointhemob